Office Tour Photos
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join us. You will build data driven solutions to bring music and digital media experiences to hundreds of millions of active users and millions of creators by matching fans with creators in a personal and relevant way. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available user behaviors, acoustical analysis, revenue streams, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences art.
What you'll do:
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm or Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are:
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You have experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, or something we didnt list- but not just Pig/Hive/BigQuery/other SQL-like abstractions
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
More Jobs From