The Senior Data Engineer will play a key role in designing Frameworks creative use of data through driving the development of our data warehouse and data integration initiatives. We have a range of valuable data assets which are growing in volume and scope, and we need to use them effectively and efficiently. In this role you will identify critical data initiatives, work with the team to plan out their implementation, and act as a data expert, helping the team learn new skills and improve its workflow.
We are looking for a collaborative and open-minded team player who has experience architecting and implementing technical solutions as part of a greater data analytics strategy. The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to continuous growth and uses creative problem solving to assess how data architecture can improve and prepare for the future. This position requires humble confidence with self-starter inclinations and a proven ability to own solutions from start to finish. This is a senior position with great opportunities for professional development, growth, and impact on our organization.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is ideally located in the Greater Boston Area. Framework is a remote-friendly company, and candidates in other major US cities are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Architect, develop, and maintain data-as-a-product solutions and the data warehouse
- Design and implement end-to-end ETL solutions that meet business requirements
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to support data analytics efforts
- Collaborate with the Product and Business Insights teams to understand key business logic that guides architectural decisions and considerations
- Work closely with the product owner and agile coach to estimate, plan, and deliver the user stories, following the agile best practices
- Author and maintain clean, consistent, and elegant code while delivering clear business value
- Create scalable and reliable data applications
- Evaluate existing tools, identify any immediate risks of existing data infrastructure, and prioritize key opportunities for continuous improvement and development
- Lead analysts to ensure quality and availability of data in the data warehouse
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse architecture, integration development and ETL implementation
- Exposure to service orientated architecture concepts; familiarity with best practices for analytics data warehouses
- Success in implementing data engineering best practices, workflow structures, and task execution foundations
- Demonstrated ability to set requirements, test solutions, identify milestones, and meet deadlines
- Ability to consider business lead perspectives while making technical decisions and translating technical capabilities to business outcomes and reverse
- Experience working with the agile development methodology
- Ability to work effectively with remote teammates
- A strong sense of empathy towards different perspectives and an ability to collaborate with compromise
- Passion for efficiency in technical solutions and ability to achieve it iteratively
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Python, Java or other modern data languages
- Knowledge of data warehousing best practices including implementation of systems such as Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery, Google Data Studio (strong opinions loosely held)
- Experience with tools within various levels of the analytics stack, including but not limited to cloud data warehouses, ETL, data modeling, APIs, cloud services, etc.
- Our vision inspires you!
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you dont have 100% of the experience were looking for? We still want to hear from you. Apply now!
What Well Offer You / Benefits of Working for Framework
The Framework team is a group of thoughtful, creative, and caring human beings. Our company boasts employees that hail from several different countries and speak a multitude of languages. We are collaborators who value each others differences and are committed to bringing our authentic selves to work each day, so that we might design quality products for humans that need them. We offer a suite of benefits designed to support our employees thriving in the workplace, including but not limited to:
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Remote Work
* Health Plans Incl. Dental and Vision
* 401(k) Savings Plan
* 13 Paid Holidays Incl. Election Day
* Open Vacation (with a 2-week minimum!)
* 52 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
* Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
* Opportunity to help build and deliver cutting edge, socially driven products from scratch!
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. Occasional travel is required, including overnight travel for up to four days at a time and travel via airplane.
About the Company
Framework is a startup social enterprise built on a simple idea: every homebuyer should have access to unbiased information about the mortgage process and feel knowledgeable about the responsibilities of owning a home. And moreit should be easy and affordable.
We are proudly pro-homeownership and believe it is a uniquely accessible and powerful way for people to build long term financial security. We make it easier for people to do this by providing the tools we believe will lead prospective homebuyers into homes that improve their quality of life, giving them the space to grow into their future, and gain value over time.
From our state-of-the art homebuyer education course that has helped over 700K people into their homes since its inception, to our newest digital homebuyer and homeownership experience KeepHomeour mission to support homeowners continues to grow every year, and so does our team!
As we leverage the power of technology to strengthen communities one homeowner at a time, the individual contributions of our tight-knit team play a vital, daily role in shaping our products and services. Creative thinking, collaboration, and problem solving are at the core of the Framework culture, and were seeking team members with drive and ingenuity to add to the mix.
Come join us!
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet Frameworks changing needs.