In 2007,two software engineers and serial entrepreneursfounded ezCater. ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
Were looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out thisCBS Boston articlefor a glimpse into our culture.
Specifically for this role were looking for talented software engineers who know how to get data and information into the hands of people who need it. Our growth is driven by informed decisions in all corners of the company. At ezCater, we want to be data-driven in everything we do. To achieve that, were building a best-in-class data warehousing solution. We push ourselves every day to get more data, create a fantastic data analytics and data science experience for our users and craft real-world solutions to unlock the value of our information.
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience in a professional setting focused on data infrastructure engineering
- Solid experiences with modern cloud data warehouse platforms, such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Experience writing analytical queries in SQL
- Experience in navigating and utilizing services in AWS
- Enough experience in data modeling to read a model fluently
- A production mindset.what we build, we support
- A disposition that is friendly, flexible and pragmatic
- The need to learn something new every day
- The belief that delivering value is more important choice of technology
What youll do:
- Work with the entire team to prioritize our backlog by business value and effort
- Burn through said backlog, getting data where its most needed
- Share in creating the team roadmap
- Improve performance & efficiency wherever you can
- Treat data quality as a 1st class deliverable, because it is
- Create consumers, data pipelines, transformations, tables, buckets, schedules, DAGs and all the other components of a good data integration solution
- Move a lot of data
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters unmatched transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
More Jobs From