Who We Are
Encortex is a data intelligence agency in Boston, that leverages cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue chip firms deploy capital more efficiently. We are a small, ambitious, and diverse group of quantitative analysts, data engineers, software engineers, & digital marketers. At the heart of what we do, is the belief that we change the way our clients collect, protect, and monetize data.
Who You Are
You are a curious individual who adapts to new environments and is comfortable with change. You believe in iterative progress, failing fast, and working through issues - alone and with others - until they are complete solved. You expect to contribute to your team's success, but also to the larger Encortex community. You appreciate and reflect our core values of Precision, Curiosity, Honesty, Responsibility, Fun & Respect.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior Data Engineer, reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, you have a love of technology, efficient operations, and use the former to improve the latter.
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Perform routine data analysis for business owners for the purposes of revenue optimization and discovery
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into increased revenue, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
* Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
What You’ll Learn
At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people. You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. You will appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent and honest communication, and working with a team that feels the same.
* 1-2 years of data project leadership experience
* SQL mastery, including techniques for writing efficient code over large datasets
* Ability to leverage critical data-driven thinking and enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight to generate consistently accurate and useful analysis and models
* Experience with data visualization techniques and tools such as Redash, Tableau, ChartIO, etc.
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
* Strong analytic skills
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
* Experience with statistical analysis of large data sets including regression, classification and correlation
* We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
** Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
** Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift
** Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
** Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc.
Candidates located in Boston or Eastern Massachusetts are preferred, but not it is not a requirement
Encortex, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.