Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking to hire a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer onto our Analytics Engineering Instrumentation subteam to help craft and develop our growing web event tracking platform, and implementation of Snowplow. You will work closely and establish relationships with engineers, analysts, and leaders across the organization.
What Youll Do
- Support our efforts to build and scale a highly-available, high-volume, low-latency, cost-efficient web event data collection platform, handling more than 1 billion events per day.
- Work with stakeholders across all levels of the Engineering and Product organizations to facilitate new tracking initiatives.
- Design and develop solutions that make it simpler for developers to add Snowplow instrumentation across all CarGurus and partner websites.
- Provide excellent customer service as an internal consultant.
- Administer and support our Snowplow platform, assisting in on-call duties when needed.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering, data engineering, business intelligence, or another quantitative engineering field.
- Experience with implementing Snowplow, Heap, Segment, or other web event tracking platforms.
- Familiarity with SQL and OLAP databases such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, or others.
- A teammate who excels in a collaborative environment with strong communication skills.
- Creative thinker, interested in solving business problems with data.
- Passionate about creating production-grade systems and data quality, supporting what you build.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From