Senior Data Analyst, Restaurants
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will author queries, design, and build dashboards that will deliver meaningful business insights and track KPIs. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Product Managers across the Restaurants B2C and B2B teams.If you are motivated by deep diving into big data, asking hard questions, visualizing results, and being able to tell a story from complex datasets, then you have found the right place. Your work will support the development and measurement features that are visible on the TripAdvisor site and in the TripAdvisor mobile apps. You will analyze multivariate tests, recommend measurement strategies to product managers and engineers, and build interactive dashboards that streamline the measurement of our features. The Restaurants team relies on a data-driven approach that puts experimentation, measurement, reporting, and analytics at the forefront.
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a BS or MS in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst in business intelligence, sales operations or finance roles.
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Python.
- Proficiency in defining SQL schemas and optimizing queries.
- Experience visualizing data in R, Tableau, D3, Bokeh, or related technology.
- Experience consuming from and publishing data to Salesforce.
- Strong communication skills, particularly the ability to present and explain complex concepts and insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring junior team members. Experience interviewing is a bonus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Exposure to writing queries in HiveQL, Spark, Presto or Snowflake.
- Exposure to data processing pipelines (ETL).