At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
As the Healthcare Data Terminologist on Veeva Data Cloud, you will help drive the design, build and execution of terminology libraries from the ground up for our new suite of Health Data Products. Youll focus on understanding and improving existing sources, curating new assets, and identifying gaps in our data to drive continuous improvement.
You are passionate about healthcare data and terminologies, have a masters degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare informatics, public health, and/or hands-on experience with organizing, curating, and managing health data ontologies and mappings. Ideally, you also have experience working with medication data, ontology management systems, and working in a corporate setting.
You are incredibly detail-oriented, sometimes called a perfectionist even, and care deeply about the quality of your work. You like to investigate, dig in, and find solutions to problems.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a subject matter expert, support, and manage use of standard clinical terminologies (ex. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, NDC, NUCC Taxonomy codes, etc.)
- Map between and across standard and proprietary terminologies
- Own and operate an ontology/terminology management system
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Developers, and Product Managers to design and build a systematic and scalable approach to managing reference data and mappings.
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging terminology
- Understand the business needs and end users, and communicate changes and improvements to your customers
- Design approach to quantify quality of terminology/reference data sources
- Work in the details for ongoing clean-up and enrichment to drive continuous improvement
What You've Done
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare terminologies
- Knowledge of Industry Standard code sets such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC, RXNORM, and LOINC
- Experience in managing medication terminologies
- Experience with terminology management systems such as Wolters Kluwer HLI, Clinical Architectures Symedical, Apelons DTS, or similar
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Experience in (proprietary) concept creation based on accepted healthcare informatics and ontology practices
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience in designing transformations, mappings and working with reference tables
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and self-discipline
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience working with raw healthcare data (ex. Medical or prescription claims data, EMR data)
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Experience working with an agile-based team
- PharmD (or other clinical background)
- Masters degree in a health informatics, health information management, or equivalent work experience
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From