Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
We are searching for a highly motivated professional with Account Management or Relationship Management experience. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic for Customer Success and Customer Experience and a deep love of working with customers to make them successful. This person must be able to self-manage in a highly visible role within the organization requiring a combination of project management, technical and interpersonal skills to be successful.
- Establish a trusted, strategic advisor relationship with each assigned Platinum+ client and drive continued value of our products and services
- Help identify individual customer challenges and develop action plans to address their needs in a clear and timely manner
- Generate fresh ideas and best practices on how to proactively improve our users experience and increase adoption of our products
- Be a champion for Brightcoves technical best practices, educating customers on the best and most effective ways to implement our products and services with their systems and those of other 3rd party technologies
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities or areas where our customers could further adopt our product within their organization
- Collaborate with cross functional teams by providing important customer feedback, process-improvement suggestions and other actions that involve improving our product
- Demonstrate product expertise through interactions with customers
- Engage customers to via email, phone calls, and presentations to help them become more successful
- Conduct product demonstrations and training sessions to improve user adoption
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers to achieve success
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally
- Solid understanding of internet technologies
- Willing to Travel
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, additional languages beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Proven ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Proven track record of using data to create visualizations and provide a detailed written/verbal representation.
- Goal oriented approach with a focus on maintaining workflows and meeting deadlines
- Must want to help customers succeed - when they are successful, we are successful!
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!