Office Tour Photos
If you or a loved one has ever experienced a major medical event, you know how overwhelming it is to process the flood of information that followswhether its hastily delivered guidance from your doctor, or a pile of paperwork on managing your recovery. And once you get home, it can feel impossible to know where to start, or how to stay on track to reach your health goals.
At Wellframe, were helping healthcare organizations fill this gap, so people can get the holistic resources and support they need to feel their best, outside traditional care delivery settings. Through our patented platform, Wellframe translates evidence-based, peer-reviewed guidelines and literature into an interactive daily checklist delivered to patients through the Wellframe mobile app. As patients engage with the Wellframe app, their data is shared in real time with their care team through the care team dashboard, which utilizes advanced algorithms to generate early intervention alerts. With secure two-way messaging, Wellframe facilitates long-term, trusted relationships between patients and care teams.
We are seeking a Sr. Corporate Counsel to play an instrumental role in leading and coordinating all legal, regulatory, and contracting matters to support the continued growth and expansion of our business. The Sr. Corporate Counsel will report to the CFO, and provide strategic legal counsel to business partners in our growth, services and product teams. This person will work closely with members of the executive leadership team regarding customer, vendor, and partner relationships, as well as on insurance, compliance, and corporate governance matters.
Areas of Responsibility:
Corporate Legal (40%):
- Serve as the authority and point of contact for complex, significant legal matters relating to business operations, product, and compliance
- Manage all of Wellframes legal documentation and contracts, including but not limited to, incorporation documents, customer contracts, vendor contracts, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, partnership structure proposals, etc.
- Manage and develop relationships with outside parties such as outside counsel, client legal departments, vendors and specialists to ensure best terms of service, cost and performance
- Participate in the external materials review, and coordinate closely with business subject matter experts across the enterprise
- Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the management team
Commercial Contracting (30%):
- Provide legal expertise, drafting, and negotiation business terms and data protection and use provisions for unique transactions, including complex contracts, development agreements, pilot programs, and other initiatives
- Play a leadership role in the design and implementation of the contracting documents
- Proactively advise business partners on a wide variety of matters and work collaboratively with other attorneys and partners on matters related to client agreements and legal and regulatory compliance
- Identify business and legal risks and provide solutions which balance legal issues and business objectives. Develop a keen understanding of the business and operational goals, and work diligently to develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Data Privacy, Risk and Compliance (30%):
- Manage Sr. Manager, Data Privacy, and supervise matters regarding the legal aspects of acquiring, protecting and handling user data
- Ensure enterprise wide policies, procedures and supporting materials comport with company legal risk tolerances and comply with applicable regulations
- Assess company risk and insurance annually, optimize coverage with outside agents
- Participate in the product development and review process, and coordinate closely with subject matter experts across the enterprise in such areas as privacy, intellectual property, litigation, and health law. Translate legal requirements into actionable advice for product and engineering teams
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from ABA accredited school and admission to MA state bar
- 7 - 10 years experience in the practice of general business law (corporate law, litigation, contract, employment law, etc.) Strong preference for law firm experience combined with in-house experience (ideally in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment)
- General knowledge of the health industry and the relevant legal and regulatory issues, particular experience dealing with HIPAA compliance matters and healthcare data rights issues as applied to a growth stage company a plus
- Leadership experience - developing department priorities, building teams, mentoring
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex services agreements especially in the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model
- Able to prepare and present reports, presentations and legal memorandums to management upon request
- Experience with software development a plus
Behaviors & Traits Required:
- Ability to influence at the executive level as demonstrated through fact-based analysis, clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on approach, willingness to be tenacious, dive into details to help support and improve planning process
- High tolerance for ambiguity - flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing as we expand. The role requires an entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently and also escalate issues when appropriate
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with demonstrated record of developing cross functional projects, building and mentoring teams, developing consensus and encouraging change
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and elevate complex and/or controversial issues to senior management in a timely and effective manner
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to manage confrontation in a sensitive manner and develop deep working relationships across multiple function areas internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
More Jobs From