The Brand Marketing & Creative team is responsible for telling the story of how Klaviyo empowers businesses to grow and build relationships directly with their customers. The team is a fast-growing, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, unique knack for creative brand building and clever problem solving, coupled with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, define this team. We are looking for an innovative, thoughtful and highly experienced Copy Director to join the Creative team. This person will set the vision for all copy at Klaviyo - help define and refine our voice, set guidelines, give direction and feedback, and oversee copy across all touchpoints including: web, editorial, social, marketing, sales and customer service. The ideal candidate will be detail-focused and able to execute as well as see the big picture and think in a strategic and conceptual way. This role will report into the Creative Director and oversee the work of copywriters within Creative and set the tone for all written Content across the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to help build our global brand and be a part of a company changing how businesses grow, connect and thrive.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Lead the strategy to evolve and implement Klaviyo brand voice and messaging through a hands-on approach
- Brainstorm with the Creative team on complex projects/campaigns to ensure copy plays a leading role in establishing our brand globally
- Inspire and advocate for creative excellence across all copy channels
- Oversee strategy and execution for all materials requiring copy - from email to landing pages to interactive marketing campaigns
- Grow, mentor, and lead a small team of copywriters, allowing them to successfully execute across all channels and initiatives
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Marketing team (including Brand, Growth, Content, Social and Product Marketing) as well as other key stakeholders throughout the org to ensure cross-functional integration and the implementation of Klaviyos evolving voice
- Define the ever growing vision for the copy team looking at every project, no matter the size/scope, as an opportunity to innovate, delight, and bring the brand to life
- Serve as a meticulous proofreader of your work and other colleagues work; you are truly our Editor in Chief!
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience leading copywriting at a creative agency or brand creative team
- 3+ years experience in a Senior Manager or Director level role
- Strong portfolio that showcases a wide array of experience in writing for technology, B2B, consumer tech or Saas etc
- Experience with B2C, UX and/or comedy writing is a plus.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- You can explain tech to your parents.
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriouslyand maintain a good sense of humor about both
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The companys hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.