At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
We are seeking a Director of Content Marketing to lead and grow a content operation designed to attract and nurture new leads and expand our thought leadership in the digital healthcare market. You will help develop our own web properties and you will also work with outside media partners to develop our brand in the marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity to bring new content strategies and processes to a company at the forefront of the future of healthcare. Youll be part of a dynamic, engaging team and will support and enhance content across many business units and markets health systems, health plans, government, pharma and employers.
- Manage in-house content subject matter experts and outside freelance writers
- Manage a content calendar across multiple business units to meet key business goals
- Take our marketing content to new levels and directions, including video, web content, webinars, case studies, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements, product brochures, and promotions (email, direct mail, social media, etc.)
- Strategically identify partner publications, companies, organizations, and more that are complementary to our goals
- Create content youll be a leader and an executor
- Edit marketing content across the Corporate Marketing team
- Work with our in-house website team to optimize content through SEO to improve search rankings
- Make data-driven decisions to move our content forward
- 10+ years of experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.) within tech/SaaS company.
- Experience developing content strategy and framework from the ground up
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Prior healthcare experience, preferred but not required
- Project management skills
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills you can easily develop relationships both inside and outside the organization so you can determine the right content that needs to be created
- Were in an industry that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important
- A how can we get this done attitude
- Scrappy, resilient
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Curious no fear of asking questions and willing to admit that you dont know the answer
- Low ego, a team player
- Obsessed with improvement
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Cross-functional team player
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the companys and our clients go-to marketing agency. Were responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
More Jobs From