Constant Contact is looking for a Senior Content Developer to join our award winning Knowledge Base team!
What youll do:
- Document product functionality, troubleshooting, and best practices through research, cross-functional teamwork and hands-on product testing
- Create educational content that is accurate, high quality, engaging, and easy to understand
- Use appropriate content format and delivery methods to best educate external and internal customers written documentation, eLearning modules, user guides, etc.
- Utilize images and graphical elements to supplement documentation
- Develop a deep product knowledge and understanding of common customer issues relating to the Constant Contact product
- Develop strong knowledge of social media platforms, ecommerce tools, marketing best practices and other areas as they become part of the CTCT offering
- Translate complex marketing concepts and strategies into common language that customers can understand and follow
- Project manage the content needs for specific products and services and ensure all deliverables are on time throughout the software development life cycle
- Liaise with Product Owners to stay up to date with the latest products and features
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to create content that supports business initiatives
- Contribute to content strategy discussions and planning to support short and long-term objectives and goals
- Follow an editorial calendar and ensure deadlines are met
- Monitor customers feedback, product goals and pain points to continually improve content
- Be a champion for change; always pushing iterative improvement
- Be a mentor to more junior members of the team, providing guidance and support as necessary
- Take ownership of larger projects that require more technical experience and longer time frames to complete
- Work with CRM developers on backend administration aspects of the KB platform - creating tickets, writing specifications, testing functionality changes, and looking for new ways to improve the tool
- Look for opportunities to help improve the KB and further develop your skills as a Content Developer
- Take on more of a leadership role within the team, promoting a positive team environment, helping to develop the junior members of the team
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Independent worker who is self-motivated and can jump right into projects, asking for help and guidance as needed
- Ability to build relationships with others across various teams and roles and collaborate on different types of projects
- Excellent technical and business writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience documenting processes and procedures
- Project management skills
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Experience creating eLearning content is a plus
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working within an Agile methodology is a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Great interpersonal skills, proactive approach, and a positive attitude with strong decision making skills
- Strong mentoring skills to help coach and guide junior members of the team
Why youll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Weve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!