SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Manager of Regulatory Compliance to join the development and manufacturing team of our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will ensure that our products meet worldwide compliance standards, collaborate with new product development teams on new product launches, and lead the compliance activities for global expansion.
What You'll Do
- Manage and maintain all regulatory compliance submissions (e.g. UL, CSA, CE, RoHS, WEEE, RED) for all existing products by initiating, updating and renewing worldwide certifications as necessary and as regulations change.
- Advise on and approve ECR/ECOs for changes to product currently in the market.
- Create processes for managing the approval and renewal of current certifications.
- Schedule and manage product testing with third party labs to achieve certifications for all SimpliSafe products. Work with labs to provide input on proposed test programs and ensure interpretations are technically justified and consistent within the industry.
- Provide advice and input on product changes required to meet safety and compliance requirements.
- Prepare applicable regulatory filings and submit to agencies. Work with internal teams and external agencies to resolve compliance issues as they arise.
- Provide safety and regulatory compliance advice throughout the NPI cycle to ensure successful product launches.
- Determine compliance requirements for new products and collaborate with new product development teams to integrate the requirements into the product design.
- Communicate necessary product markings, packaging compliance requirements, and owners manuals requirements.
- Work closely with the team to provide compliance input to global expansion plans. Lead the international compliance and certification program for all new countries to ensure timely country launches.
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes and their effect on our released products and product roadmap. Communicate regulatory updates to the product development and manufacturing teams.
- Support training for appropriate personnel on regulatory and compliance fundamentals.
- Communicate compliance status frequently to internal stakeholders.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience with safety and compliance of consumer electronics products
- Extensive project management and partner relationship management experience
- Experience managing compliance submissions
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-disciplined approach to achieve results
- Detail oriented with strong process and planning skills
- Ability to work, assess and provide guidance independently with little or no supervision, and generate ideas within areas of expertise
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing and test sites
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
More Jobs From