Casa Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASA) is a leading provider of next-generation ultra-broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that delivers voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Compliance Engineer to join our engineering team located in our Andover, MA, USA facility, which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston, MA.
The Senior Compliance Engineer impacts the organization by ensuring that cable industry products developed by the Company meet various regulatory requirements; including domestic and international Radio, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Physical & Environmental, ROHS/REACH/Prop65, and Product Safety.
For the right candidate, this position could expand to include additional Human Factors/User Research responsibilities. In this case, the ideal candidate will also possess direct UX/Human Factors experience relating to Service Provider and Consumer Products. This expanded role may include conceiving and conducting user research, identifying design enhancement opportunities, and prototyping user testing experiences that lead to intuitive user experiences that are inclusive and accessible and also reduce field service errors. They will advise on user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Compliance Manager in monitoring market access approval activities and in developing and executing Corporate-level Compliance process, and reporting tools.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers in Hardware, Software, and SQA to support product development and Design for Compliance, including but not limited to providing design input guidelines and performing design reviews, participating in product validation, providing input to documentation, reviewing new part requests, ECOs, and performing ROHS/REACH verification and reporting.
- Ensure products are evaluated to applicable legal, corporate and customer defined Radio, Physical and Environmental, EMC, and Product Safety requirements (including IEC, RED, FCC, EMC, SCTE, NEBS, HALT).
- Work with teams to obtain, configure, test and mitigate issues in order to complete compliance testing of product hardware and software within the bounds of the product development schedule.
- Schedule and manage contract test laboratories and testing logistics to align with project schedule (e.g. transport of equipment, assembly, and disassembly).
- Contribute to internal compliance design specifications, compliance process, procedures and results documentation.
- Research product requirements and define test conditions including Hardware and Software configuration, to meet global product requirements.
- May perform EMC compliance pre-testing (IEC 61000-4-x series) on Casa products as needed.
- Support and troubleshoot product/test/compliance issues.
- Provide guidance and technical support to test technician(s).
- Work directly with labs and agencies to obtain and manage international market access approvals.
- Work with Compliance Test Engineers to develop test plans and review formal test reports.
- Champion continuous improvement and early compliance engagement.
- Mentor Junior Engineers, Technicians in best practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic or computer science or equivalent.
- 7+ to 10 years of directly related EMC Design, testing and certification experience.
- In depth knowledge of specifications pertaining to international EMI/EMC (including emissions, immunity, ESD, EFT, surge), Environmental (NEBS, Telcordia GR-1089 and GR-63), Product Safety, Radio Equipment Directive (RED), and FCC part 27, Part 96, etc.
- Experience using Spectrum Analyzers, antennas, Near-field probes, RF amplifiers, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other EMC/Radio test equipment.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with ability to multi task at all levels of typical organizational structure as well as with external partners.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with peers, customers and cross functional team members.
- Must possess the ability to work with little or no supervision, manage multiple projects, determine own tasks and priorities to meet project deliverables.
- Must be flexible to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours to accommodate lab testing requirements; including work outside of core work hours and some weekends as needed.
- 30%+ travel within Massachusetts and New Hampshire to visit testing labs to complete assignments. Up to 20% travel out of state may be required for additional testing support.
- Computer literate (Word- Basic user level; Excel – Basic user level; Outlook – Basic user level).
Special consideration will be given for candidates who also possess the following experience:
- Experience in applied Human Factors/User Research principles, with a deep understanding of user-centered design techniques such as task analysis, contextual inquiry, user interviews & usability testing, and the ability to conduct user research and apply it to Casa’s business requirements and technical concepts in order to manage user risk, reduce support costs, and ensure a great user experience.
- Experience managing product safety approvals with NRTLs.
- Experience performing Electromagnetic Compatibility and/or Environmental (NEBS) testing in an ISO17025 accredited lab environment.
- Knowledge of networking principles related to Broadband Cable Access Platforms (CMTS/CCAP).
- 3G, 4G, 5G certification experience.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From