We are looking for an Associate to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to proactively identify and transform payer requirements, internal insights, and data trends into business logic our development team will utilize to grow and curate athenas library of insurance billing rules.
But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are an analytical thinker who thrives on optimizing process and product to maximize client value and operational efficiency. You are someone who demonstrates excellent communication skills and has a keen ability for solving business problems via independent research and data analysis. You are detail-oriented and enjoy managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow through enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Research, design, and test claim billing logic to prevent claim rejections, denials, and billing work
- Grow and maintain athenas library of insurance billing rules to mitigate to minimize disruption to clients and internal teams
- Evaluate, prioritize, and act upon insights from internal teams, data, and clients to improve client and operational outcomes
- Bachelors degree or 3-5 years of experience in an insurance or medical coding field
- Experience with revenue cycle, claim formatting, and coding requirements
- Ability to solve complex healthcare billing problems
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification is a plus
- Familiarity and comfort with web/software applications and a basic understanding of cloud-based SaaS
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.