Senior Category Manager, International Supplier Solutions - Mandarin Speaking
Wayfair is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for our high-growth home categories. The International Supplier Solutions team focuses specifically on Asia-based suppliers.
Wayfair is seeking individuals who understand how to effectively enact change in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they should also possess strong senior presence and exceptional communication skills. They will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, including identifying new business opportunities, developing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers on pricing, expanding the catalog, developing a competitive strategy, and leading and developing a team of Category Associates/Managers.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair because you will obtain experience and build skills that will position you to take on senior leadership positions within Wayfair.
This role requires a leader who can align external supplier partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers, such as inventory planning, pricing, operational performance, marketing/promotions, and merchandising. You will execute category plans while running the day-to-day business and adding to the larger teams development.
As a Category Leader you will:
- Develop and implement category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Build profitable relationships with existing suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best pricing, sales programs, and promotional support
- Advance catalog expansion, including the identification of selection gaps, the prioritization of new item production, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Promotions & Email Planning, Marketing & Advertising, Site Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Product Management, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and for specific supplier partners
- Partner closely with senior leaders to develop and enhance the Wayfair brand, site, and competitive positioning
- Analyze competitors marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Manage 1-4 individuals; train, develop and mentor associates and/or managers
- Guide process improvements across the business
- Use technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
- Identify trends for this supplier set and what differing support might be necessary from a product/engineering/process perspective
Youre a great fit if you have:
- 6+ years of experience preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin (written + verbal) and willingness to take calls in the morning and evening (e.g. 7:30am, 9:00pm)
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve goals
- Analytical thinking and looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Innovative problem-solving skills dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that produces exceptional results
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.