Senior Category Associate, Wayfair.ca
North American Retail is the organization within Wayfair that drives the overall strategy for the multitude of product categories that are offered across our channels of business. The team serves as the external and internal ambassadors of the product categories we manage, mobilizing and coaching suppliers on how to grow their business on our sites, and leveraging internal partners to execute the strategic vision to win in the online home space.
Who We Are
Were seeking highly analytical, passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to join a business with incredibly fast growth to help us win in the Canadian home goods market.
The Canada Category Management team (based in Boston) offers a unique opportunity to drive strategy for the Wayfair.ca business and bring unparalleled selection, value, and customer experience to a previously-underserved home goods eCommerce market.
We serve as ambassadors of the product categories we manage. We ensure that our suppliers have as easy of a time managing their Canadian business as their US one by giving suppliers more data, more transparency, and more control while retaining the high-touch elements that make working with Wayfair exceptional. Internally, we leverage a diverse set of cross- functional partners to execute our strategic vision. In a role on the Canada CM team, you will be expected to define overarching goals and strategy within your category, problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage key business metrics. You will also gain a deep understanding of North American and International supply chains, business practices, and operational complexities. Category Managers must be able to expertly negotiate internally and externally, while also being effective project managers to bring the best offering north of the border and delight our customers.
What Youll Do:
- Develop strategic category plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Analyze event and category performance and pivot business accordingly
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends
- Drive relationships and collaboration with cross-functional teams to identify and fill assortment opportunities
- Negotiate for favorable terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity)
- Establish relationships with brands, partnering effectively to achieve mutual business goals
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across product categories
What Youll Need:
- ~4+ years of experience within an e-commerce or corporate retail organization preferred
- A strong interest in building a career in buying and/or supplier relationship management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Ability to communicate and feel comfortable speaking directly with C-suite level suppliers from large companies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once; you dont miss the details
- An interest in, and/or ability to learn, retail math concepts
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Ability to hit the ground running a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.