Senior Business Process Improvement Associate
We are looking for a Senior Business Process Improvement Associate to join our Integration Services division. You will analyze business processes, coordinate stakeholders, and deliver on business improvement projects that support the success of Integration Services’ core operations. You will partner with departments within Integration Services to identify process improvement opportunities through analysis and reporting; translating findings into recommendations and process improvement projects that reduce cost, improve efficiency, quality and drive sustainable customer value.
You will combine problem-solving, data analysis, and technical skills to identify, quantify, and solve real-world healthcare workflow problems. As a partner to leaders and colleagues across athenahealth’s Integration Services functions, you will perform a prominent role in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of data insights and trends, which deliver prescriptive, actionable solutions across the organization.
The Business Process Improvement team supports Integration Services in determining strategic direction by reviewing and mapping core operations of Integration Services, identifying inefficiencies, waste, manual effort and opportunities for scalable improvement.
- Review and map core operations of Integration Services, identifying inefficiencies, waste, manual effort, and opportunities for scalable improvement
- Analyze and monitor data and key performance indicators related to time, cost, and quality to surface potential operational improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for optimizing business processes and workflows
- 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in project management and/or process improvement
- Project /Program Mgt. certification a strong plus
- Experience in using data and analytics to identify opportunities for process automation improvements
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma transformation philosophies, principles, tools, and techniques
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.