Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior business intelligence analyst to drive insight for key business stakeholders across functional areas. You will provide accurate, timely and high-impact analysis to enable smarter business decisions across the company. This position will provide analytic, data, and reporting support to help enhance business decision-making and increase operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be an inquisitive learner with a passion for data and analytics who collaborates with stakeholders across functional areas to review and optimize reporting, analytics, and data structure/data capture while aligning to meet our key goals. This role requires a mixture of business acumen and technical expertise, along with an ability to build strong partnerships with business partners. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for collaborating with others to solve problems.
In this role you will:
- Contribute analytical support, data, insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the company, reinforcing process, increasing visibility, and acting as a key point of communication between stakeholder teams
- Strong focus on simplifying processes, identifying stakeholder teams' core KPIs and performing diagnostic analysis
- Provide clear visualizations and analyses company-wide, including to management and executive-level stakeholders
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data
- Provide recommendations to leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in business intelligence & systems landscape
- Advance company goals, fostering a data-oriented culture, insight generation and enablement of end-users
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid decision making and planning
- 4+ years work experience in a role that requires regular business analytics; high tech, software, or finance company preferred
- Strong experience with and understanding of Netsuite and Salesforce.com
- Prior experience creating reporting and analytics within BI Tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or related BI Tool
- Strong proficiency with SQL; experience with Snowflake, DBT, and R or Python a strong plus
- Strong business acumen, possessing the ability to understand cross-functional trends, and how those trends impact company KPIs; prior experience in an operational role a plus
- Fast learner with high attention to detail and possessing a passion for data, data quality & business analytics
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, using data to tell a story
- Top-notch work ethic and customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or related discipline required, MBA preferred
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.