Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
At PathAI, we are using machine learning to diagnose disease accurately and to match patients with effective therapies. We develop and apply computational methods to integrate data across biological scales (population, patient, tissue, cellular, molecular and genomic) to define disease states and to predict therapeutic response. Bioinformatics and biostatistics play central roles in this effort. We are looking for a scientist to lead these efforts at PathAI.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the technical and scientific skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Lead bioinformatics efforts in a team setting of fellow scientists and machine learning engineers
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams to integrate large-scale datasets and use bioinformatics to define the factors associated with drug response and resistance
- Develop computational methods and build tools to enable data-driven patient stratification and inform the development of clinical decision support products
- Identify scientifically relevant findings within datasets spanning multiple modalities
- Develop scalable computational solutions to further clinical data analysis automation across projects
- Communicate findings both internally and externally and recommend follow up actions
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, cancer biology, immunology, genetics, or similar with 3+ years of industry experience or strong academic record.
- Demonstrated ability of contributing to multi-disciplinary team projects.
- Expertise with programming language such as R or Python for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Mastery in integrating and analyzing diverse high-dimensional data sets relevant to oncology, immunology, and other areas of clinical relevance.
- Capability to conduct systematic analyses to evaluate multiple hypotheses and prioritize clinically-relevant questions.
- Scientific curiosity with an ability to identify questions that computational approaches can address, and the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Strong publication record.
- Background in clinical data/oncology/immuno-oncology and/or experience working with clinical trial data is a plus.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Friendly and open office environment
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.