Cybereason is seeking a Sr. Billings and Collections Analyst who will report directly to the Senior Revenue Manager and will assist all aspects of the billings and collections.
As a Billing and Collection Analyst you are responsible for ensuring accurate and timely billing of our customer accounts, reviewing sales contract for billing terms, contract entry into the billing system and invoice creation and analysis. In addition, you will ensure that billing is set up to meet Revenue Recognition and other Accounting policies and drive process improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Review and verify deals for compliance with contractual terms payment terms and tax requirements.
- Take a customer-facing role with regards to billing and collection matters
- Operate the recurring billing cycle: review and set billing details in the billing system, ensure accurate and timely billing operation and invoicing processes, and send invoices to customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding billing and collection in a timely manner
- Communicate internally with relevant departments to understand and resolve payment delays and billing queries
- Work with accounting team to develop strategies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of Accounts Receivable policies and procedures
- Assist in gathering data for quarterly tax filings to different tax authorities
- Meet and develop billing and collection related KPIs/SLAs
- Process and monitor refunds, chargebacks and invoice disputes
- Handle incoming payments and payment-related inquiries on a variety of channels (email, phone, and internal systems)
- Manage the status of accounts and balances for all customers worldwide, and meet monthly/quarterly collection goals
- Communicate with past-due customers (mainly via email and phone) answering any questions or objections the client may have regarding their payment, payment terms, or original agreement, all while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service
- Report on collection and billing activities, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), and accounts receivable aging status
What We're Looking For:
- Collection/billing (or related) background with at least 3 years; experience at hi-tech SAAS companies preferred
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Previous experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Previous experience with sales tax requirements and working with Avalara is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Data-oriented with excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- High level of quality awareness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multitask and handle various priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on ad hoc projects