Senior Billing Specialist
The Senior Billing Specialist will be responsible for guiding & assisting the billing team through all of the monthly billing operations. This includes ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the client’s subscription records as well as leading the team through the monthly billing cycle. This position will serve as a main point of contact for all complex operational billing inquiries presented by both the internal teams as well as the client base. This role will also work cross functionally to make system / process improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Perform daily audits to ensure the accuracy of all client subscription records and communicate with billing team members to prevent future discrepancies
- Monitor the billing teams case & credit memo work assignments in Salesforce.com and ensure that all assigned tasks are being addressed in a timely fashion and assist team with completion as needed
- Work with the enterprise support team to develop system process enhancements and perform thorough testing for all new billing related deployments in Netsuite and/or Salesforce.
- Analyze complex quotes and contracts in order to properly process new/existing enterprise subscription orders and subscription amendments in our billing system for the monthly billing cycle, verifying documentation for pricing and required approvals
- Review the team’s month end “usage” entries and verify that they have been entered properly per each client agreement
- Lead the team’s month over month billing quality review and verify that all changes are identified and adjusted for accurately
- Provide training and constructive input to team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of billing related experience preferred with proven ability to analyzing complex quotes and contracts to understand billing requirements and setup
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com is a plus