TVision is the leader in TV engagement metrics. We measure what was previously unmeasurable - how people actually watch TV. We enable the media industry - advertisers, networks, and technology partners alike - to reduce waste and drive greater and more efficient marketing results.
Utilizing cutting edge technology, TVision goes beyond traditional TV data to include measurement of presence in room, co-viewing and attention, producing best-in-class TV data. This allows us to provide critical data to inform the decision making of a $100B/year industry.
Our growth and innovation have been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, Business Insider, MediaPost, and Forbes. We were selected as a Best Place to Work 2019 by Built in Boston, and were named one of the top companies to watch in advertising technology by Business Insider in December 2019.
Efficient and reliable ingestion of data from our panelists in-home devices is the foundation of TVisions products, and our backend development team is responsible for making this foundation hold up. To achieve this reliability, we are strong believers in the value of statically typed functional programming. We use Haskell as our primary programming language for back end services, with some Python components (and as much static type checking as we can fit into them) for data analysis.
As a senior member of the backend team, you will play a leading role in the design and development process for new projects. You will inspire and challenge experienced Haskell developers with new ideas, and guide and mentor more junior engineers.
Your projects will include:
- Algorithms that analyze and process multiple data points per second from thousands of devices
- The compute infrastructure that runs those algorithms to get accurate, timely, reliable data delivery to our analysts and customers
- The support services that monitor our panelist devices, retrieve data from them, and keep them running and healthy
- The operational automation and monitoring that lets our team deliver all of that and go home on time!
You are an experienced Haskell developer, with multiple years of experience shipping software products. You don't have to have experience with any particular technologies within the Haskell ecosystem, but you should be comfortable in a code base that uses some modern libraries and extensions.
If you have led design and development efforts before, great. If you have been an individual contributor up to now, show us that you're ready to play a design leadership and mentoring role on a team.
Other requirements include:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a closely related discipline.
- Knowledge of the Python programming language is highly desirable. We build data analyses in Python where we need to collaborate with data science staff outside the back end team.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark, while not necessary, will be a definite asset.
- Familiarity with a cloud computing environment such as AWS. Devops experience, either with specific AWS technologies or with more general provisioning tools (Terraform, Chef, Docker), is a major plus.
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about agile development and scrum methodologies.
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Your choice of comprehensive health benefits for you and your family (health, dental, vision)
- Short and long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- FSA/HSA accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Gym membership discounts
- Financial support for ongoing professional development
- Casual dress and fun atmosphere
More Jobs From