Sense is building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a best-in-class consumer product built on cutting-edge machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy solving hard problems together. If the idea of making a significant impact on the product sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
As a senior backend engineer at Sense, you'll use your expertise to expand the capabilities of our cloud platform and enable the next generation of new product features. You'll also be a key contributor to maintaining and scaling a high-quality production service. You should be
- Focused on delivering functionality that benefits the customer and provides real value.
- Passionate about building high-availability, performant, and scalable systems.
- Experienced at designing clean, usable REST APIs.
- Tenacious when tracking down production issues, digging into metrics and logs as needed to run a problem to the ground.
- Excited about high-volume, realtime data and solving the challenges it poses.
This role is inherently collaborative. You'll work with engineering, marketing, design, and product teams, and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company.
- 4+ years professional experience with backend development
- Devops experience maintaining a production environment
- Background in Java, Linux, AWS, Cassandra is a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Senses mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Senses values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening spring 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).