TrueMotion is combining easy-to-use technology and data science to make it easier for people to become safer drivers. We believe that when people are smart, passionate, and happy they have the ability to do amazing things. Our culture is collaborative and the work we do together is challenging and meaningful. There's never a dull moment, and we love it that way! We are looking to hire a senior backend engineer to design, develop and maintain Python applications hosted in an AWS environment, that process and analyze large volumes of data uploaded by smartphone apps. Youll have the unique opportunity to work on backend code that is co-developed with data science engineers that own the machine learning module that identifies and recognizes driving behavior.
- Languages: Python
- Cloud provider: AWS
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Source control: git, GitHub
- Databases: Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Design, develop, and maintain TrueMotion backend applications
- Innovate and contribute to our Telematics platform and enhance its feature set
- Participate in SCRUM team planning, technical meetings, and code reviews
- Support and continuously improve release and deployment pipeline
- Work in close collaboration with other engineers and data scientists
- Participate in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backends
- 5+ years of experience working in building scalable, maintainable, secure backend code
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squads domain
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more
- Experience with database (RDBMS & NoSql) design
- Experience with Python 3 and/or 2
- Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed systems
- Load balancing, monitoring, REST, event-based architectures, etc.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization frameworks
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of unit testing, automation, and continuous delivery
- Experience with IoT - combining end-user devices and cloud services
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role.
More Jobs From