Senior Software Engineer (Backend Node.js)
HqO delivers the leading Tenant Experience (TeX) platform for commercial real estate, the single largest asset class on the planet, to maximize value for both tenants and property managers. Our award-winning app elevates the tenant experience by seamlessly integrating with the technologies that commercial properties use to provide a wonderful end-to-end tenant experience. We empower property managers with data and analytics to gain insight into what tenants value and how they interact with the physical workplace. Property managers are enabled to optimize these experiences, make data-driven investments and stay competitive. HqO is a very well funded, early-stage company with an established customer base having partnered with top commercial property managers powering over 70M square feet of commercial office space to create premium tenant experiences.
There are many ways to describe our team. We work hard. We're smart and passionate about the company we're building. We stay humble. We're obsessed with our customer. Oh, and we're very funny. Whether it's during our weekly lunch & learns, happy hours, coffee talks, or just an average day in the office, we always find time to make work fun. We eat our own dog food by creating a place that WE love. If you work with us, you will always be learning, improving, and teaching. Want to help us create places people love? Lets talk.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, youll work closely with designers and product managers to deliver backend and consumer facing software products in an Agile development environment. You will build solutions with an eye on scalability and availability. Learning and teaching is an important part of the culture here at HqO. You will learn new technologies and expand your horizons. You will mentor and teach others about what you have learned.
- Develop micro-services and APIs that power our browser and mobile products working on a close knit team of software engineers.
- Take ownership of a significant body of work breaking down large requests in to digestible, actionable components.
- Set deliverable, participate in code reviews, write test plans, mentor junior developers,
- Work closely on agile teams to deliver products on time and in scope.
- Help drive our selection and use of Node technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or related area of study.
- 5+ years of experience using an object oriented programming language.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented design concepts.
- Excitement and experience around back end technologies and scaling services.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a could computing environment.
- A natural curiosity about how things work
- NodeJS and NestJS experience
- GraphQL and Apollo experience
- AWS and shared DevOps experience
More Jobs From