Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a highly-analytical, impact-oriented Senior Associate, Territory Planning to join our Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy & Operations team. The role will primarily focus on business insights modeling and operational excellence to enable Sales leadership to make data-driven, strategic operating decisions regarding sales territories. This role will be expected to work cross functionally between various teams at Toast including the GTM Leadership team, finance, marketing, operations, and product.
This role will entail developing operational processes, having a strategic point of view, analyzing short and long term business performance, and improving efficiency through scalable reporting and automation.
About the GTM Strategy & Operations Team: We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it! Our work has a clear and tangible impact on Toasts success. This is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career defining opportunity.
About this roll*
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions and drive critical growth initiatives
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and provide a point of view and recommendations to leadership
- Drive operational excellence through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business
- Build a reputation as an effective communicator and trusted partner to GTM Sales Leaders and key cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to assess a complex business situation and develop solutions to inform the path forward
- Manage special projects, as needed, by the business to drive sales performance
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- BS/BA with experience in an analytical role, ideally in management consulting, finance, or business operations/intelligence/strategy at a high-growth company
- Creative, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Significant experience developing insightful conclusions from analysis of large data sets and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work closely with our Business Systems team to improve Salesforce workflows
- Strong data visualization skills and the ability to work with our Data Insights team to build and scope dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to fail fast & learn quickly
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization
- Bonus Points: Knowledge of Salesforce, Looker, Python, & SQL
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.