Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Associate, Monetization and Growth Strategy to join our data driven and innovative Monetization and Growth Strategy team. You will use your analytical skills, strategic acumen, relationship building abilities, and experience to deploy pricing and packaging levers to support our growth.
The ideal candidate will enjoy all aspects of pricing and monetization strategy development including in-depth market research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, understanding dealer buying behaviors, building alignment across a diverse group of partners, and managing project execution. You will be comfortable conducting analysis of complex topics, bringing structure to open ended questions, and clearly and concisely communicating recommendations to partners across the organization. Most importantly, you are someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of what's possible.
What Youll Do:
- Develop and implement new pricing and monetization strategies to accelerate growth
- Conduct in-depth competitive and customer research and deliver insights in a clear and impactful manner to build alignment around a go to market approach
- Drive thorough quantitative analyses using internal and external data to support pricing, packaging, segmentation, and discounting recommendations
- Design and analyze results from pricing surveys using techniques such as Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger, Discrete choice based conjoint, and others
- Partner with Product, Sales, Engineering, Finance, and Marketing to execute and refine pricing strategy
- Oversee performance of existing structures and find opportunities to increase growth
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of experience, preferably including consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or product strategy
- Strong quantitative skills and experience driving complex analysis from hypothesis generation through execution
- Comfort with foundational statistical methods and modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, and hypothesis testing
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following analytical tools/languages: Excel, SQL, or Python
- Experience conducting customer interviews, designing and implementing surveys, and conducting competitive research
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Passion for continuous improvement and a willingness to develop and test new approaches
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership, delivering a concise, data driven approach
- Experience in pricing and other revenue optimization fields is a plus
- Working knowledge of various data analysis, reporting and CRM tools and comfort in getting up to speed on new tools (e.g. Looker, Salesforce, Jupyter Notebooks, etc)
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.