This is a great opportunity to join a busy legal team in a dynamic health care information technology company. The Litigation Paralegal will provide support to our legal team in a variety of areas, potentially including dispute resolution and litigation support, investigations, discovery and e-discovery platform management, intellectual property, immigration, employment, real estate, and other areas that may be assigned from time to time.
The Litigation Paralegal will work remotely until athenahealth employees return to the office and thereafter will work in the office to which they report. Although Watertown, Massachusetts is the preferred office for the Litigation Paralegal, applicants reporting to athenahealths offices in Atlanta, Georgia or Belfast, Maine will be considered.
- Assist with company litigation and pre-litigation investigations regarding customer and vendor disputes, managing discovery as necessary
- Manage intake of and coordinate responses to third-party requests for information
- Coordinate with in-house legal team members and outside counsel regarding management of company intellectual property portfolio
- Coordinate with in-house counsel and outside counsel regarding employment matters, including administrative proceedings and litigation
- Assist with immigration, real estate, and tax matters
- Perform legal research as needed
- Maintain tracking system for legal matters, including managing deadlines, files, and records associated with all of the above
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree required; paralegal certificate a plus
- 4+ years of paralegal experience at a firm and/or corporation in the area of litigation
- Experience with intellectual property portfolio management is preferred
- Experience with litigation technology, including e-discovery platforms such as Relativity
Knowledge & Skills:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability and willingness to spend the time necessary to meet demanding deadlines and adjust to shifting priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, with both business acumen and legal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and drive projects to completion
- Familiarity with laws and regulations applicable to health care and health care technology companies preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and process
- Ability to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Ability to excel within a team atmosphere and a desire to both teach and learn
- Willingness to expand range of job responsibilities as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the role
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.