The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the effective interplay on multi-disciplinary teams to deliver new product capabilities. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to bring the best user experience to our mobile app. You'll collaborate with IoT connectivity, cloud, data analytics, as well as robotics, contributing to next-generation iRobot products and Digital features. Software innovation at iRobot will surprise you.
What You Will Do:
- Be a key contributor among the incredible group of engineers behind the top-rated iRobot Home mobile app, used by millions of people worldwide.
- Contribute to Android application code base written in Kotlin, Java and C++.
- Write high quality code that is well documented, maintainable, and unit tested.
- Collaborate with other engineers; participate in and drive code reviews.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- At least 4 years in development of native Android commercial applications with a wide array of users and through multiple release cycles.
- Track record of performing at a high level, delivering robust solutions on schedule
- Exceptional coding skills in at least one of Kotlin or Java. C++ experience required.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience in debugging code bases with multiple source languages and components.
- Comfortable in an agile and innovative organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Graduate technical degree in related field.
- Previous development of networked mobile applications, with complex communications.
- Experience helping to drive quality improvement through test-driven development practices.
- Knowledge of challenges building common mobile app features for multiple platforms.
- Industry experience in IoT, consumer electronics, or robotics.