Office Tour Photos
iZotope is seeking a Senior Android Software Engineer for a position on our Spire product development team, creating the next-generation recording studio. Youll be joining a cross-functional software team responsible for the software running on the Spire Studio hardware device and our iOS/Android Spire applications. Your primary expertise will be the Spire Android application, but expect to learn and help out on other platforms to reach our product goals.
The Spire software team is highly collaborative with a passion for high-quality code. We propose changes and solve problems together in whiteboard design sessions, give and receive feedback in detailed code reviews, and discuss testing details with our QA team. But what ultimately drives our work is our customers. We believe that everyone on the team should understand why we are building a feature or improving a user experience. Besides designing and writing code, expect to learn about our users to help us make informed decisions every day. You dont need to be knowledgeable about audio production, but a passion to help our users is a must.
At iZotope you'll find an employee-focused work environment with flexible hours, great 401(k) and insurance plans, and a fully-functioning recording studio that you can use after hours!
On The Job:
- Collaborate with the software and hardware development teams to implement new features and fix bugs in the Spire ecosystem
- Design and develop critical and complex systems in the Spire ecosystem
- Lead feature development by running technical breakdowns, feature estimation, and task delegation with a small group of engineers
- Lead the direction and best practices of the Android platform, by keeping up to date with latest Android, Kotlin, and general software development best practices, promoting their adoption across the team
- Work with other senior Spire developers on whole system design, including interaction with hardware devices and our cloud systems
- Work with our product management and design teams to understand our users and product goals
- Work with product leadership, representing technical scope and feasibility for longer term initiatives
- Maintain a high quality product through writing clean, clear code and high participation in code reviews.
- Willingness and excitement to learn about new technologies, platforms, and programming languages to tackle difficult problems and improve the entire Spire experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Solid understanding of the Android ecosystem
- Experience leading other engineers in technical development of product features
- Knowledge of test driven development, unit testing, or similar testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of architectures, trends, and emerging technologies in mobile and general software development
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a collaborative environment
- Exposure to other development platforms (web, iOS, desktop, etc) and an excitement to learn about new platforms
- 5+ years of proven work experience developing and shipping consumer applications, at least 2+ years on complex Android applications
- Experience with MVVM and the Android Architecture Components
- Experience developing for connected/smart devices and network programming
- Experience with distributed messaging systems, such as ZeroMQ
- Working knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of iOS and Swift
- Additional experience in web and cloud technologies
- Experience with continuous delivery on mobile platforms
- A passion for music and recording
Whats it like to work at iZotope?
Were the leaders in intelligent audio production and youll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, its really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
More Jobs From