Senior Android Developer
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
On the Android team, you’ll help us build a world-class ecosystem of restaurant apps. Our work is driven by three questions: what’s best for our users? What’s best for our restaurant partners? And what’s best for ourselves, as developers of our own platform? Our native Android SDK powers all the apps in our network - a platform of features and customizations that can perfectly tailor our restaurant partners’ apps to what’s best for their users. We’re a group of talented, highly-motivated individuals with a shared passion for clean, well-tested, highly maintainable software. We’re looking to expand our team to support the rapid growth we’re expecting to begin in the next couple months.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- What tools and strategies help us stay at the cutting edge of the native mobile ecosystem?
- Our SDK is currently the foundation for over 200 apps. How can we safely expand to double that? Quadruple?
- We’ve put a lot of effort into clean architecture that support flexible feature expansion. How do we replace older design patterns without breaking current functionality?
- We’re constantly developing awesome new features. Just a few topics we’re looking at for 2019: expanding types of menus we can support; allowing more robust scheduling of orders; smoothing out the first-time user experience; highlighting users’ rewards better; a more robust delivery service; and improving re-ordering experience for existing users.
You Should Have
- 4+ years of professional native Android development experience in Kotlin or Java
- Experience making apps that interact with RESTful APIs
- Team leadership or project planning experience
You have excellent written and spoken English communication skill
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Tools like Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit, dependency injection (we use “Koin”), Jetpack (LiveData, ViewModel, etc.), UI & unit testing (we use Espresso for UI testing)
- MVVM architecture
- SDK development
- API & backend development
- Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.