What We Do
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As part of an engineering team building the products supporting Aetna Digital, we help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You'll Do
The engineering teams are responsible for building the best experience possible for the millions of members using our Aetna Health website and mobile apps. You will work alongside other engineers and with the product and design teams to consistently deliver new features. You will also work to refactor existing code in order to bring greater stability and scalability for our application as our membership continues to increase.
In any given day you will:
* Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
* Monitor, troubleshoot, and support our application in production
* Seek opportunities to enhance the stability, performance, maintainability, and extensibility of our application
Open for Remote.
* 5+ years native Android development
* Proficient with Java, Kotlin, and the Android SDK
* Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture
* Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java and Kotlin coroutines
* Experience with writing unit tests
* Familiarity with Agile/SAFe software development principles
* Familiarity using RESTful APIs
* Knowledge of MVP and MVVM patterns
* Knowledge of Android accessibility features
* Knowledge of CircleCI
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.