Office Tour Photos
Were not your traditional tech company and we dont aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. Thats why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Senior Android and Quality Automation Engineer to play a significant role on our Orders Workflow team. This team provides our most important features - to take orders for our customers and to manage the complex workflows during restaurant service. We utilize technology to help our restaurants be more efficient while consistently offering their customers the best dining experience. This means that our technology has to work seamlessly, even as our platform scales to thousands of concurrent diners or hundreds of thousands of restaurants.
We need your help to unlock the full potential of Android and explore the next generation of restaurant technology.
Some projects weve been working on recently include:
- Refactoring older architecture to enable faster development, better testability, reliability and usability by adding layered architecture and implementing CQRS and event sourcing principles
- Server features such as allowing them to bulk administer checks to another server at the end of their shift
- Created a required menu selection feature helping to increase average order value
- Optimizing performance of the user interface and creating performance dashboards and benchmarks
As a Senior Android and Quality Automation Engineer on the Orders Workflow team, you will be:
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and scalable mobile apps
- Helping champion our mobile test strategy, introducing best practices in mobile test automation and evolving our automated release pipeline
- Thinking in terms of our end-users; servers, managers, and food runners
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participating in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin
- Solid experience in web and mobile software development testing strategies (e.g. jenkins, appium, espresso, robolectric, unit & integration testing on mobile )
- Nice to have: well-versed in the android ecosystem
Nice to have: full-stack development experience including front-end and/or APIs
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
More Jobs From