Senior Analytics Manager - Workforce Planning
Wayfair is seeking a motivated, analytics leader to join the Workforce Planning team.This individual will have both advanced quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to develop and communicate a broad organizational strategy surrounding the forecasting and retention of Wayfairs entire Sales & Service organization.
The WorkforcePlanning team sits at the epicenter of Wayfairs rapidly expanding Sales & Service organization, and is a critical cog in ensuring a successful customer experience. From effective headcount planning, to efficient schedule management, to real-time performance monitoring, work force management utilizes a combination of forecasting, modeling and strategy to mobilize customer-facing agents across over 8 locations in North America & Europe. As Wayfair continues to expand, the Sales & Service team is constantly evolving by focusing on offering differentiated support with fast resolution. The Workforce Planning Forecasting & Analytics team supports this ambitious goal by creating models to build the headcount ramp and hiring plan, measuring retention and engagement levels throughout the organization, and compiling detailed and accurate contact interval forecasts. Since the environment and landscape within Sales & Service constantly changes, leaders must be quick to react, thrive on challenging the status quo, and utilize a self-directed approach by adding constant enhancements.
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive, propriety forecasting strategy for various segments across a 3,000+ employee Sales & Service organization
- Work with Sales & Service leaders to identify key workload drivers and develop companywide operational metrics
- Serve as a consultative partner to senior leadership, offering analysis and recommendations on growth strategies that optimize cost and risk
- Provide direction and coaching to analysts on the development and maintenance of headcount and forecasting models
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop an accurate financial forecast and identifying key variables impacting expense performance
- Develop a comprehensive strategy an approach around the analysis and measurement of retention statistics of agents and employees
- Directly work alongside Wayfairs Data Science team to scope and develop advanced autonomous Machine Learning systems to further improved existing forecasting and prediction capabilities within workforce management.
- MBA or MS degree within Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Data Science or other heavy quantitative field of study, PhD strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience working in either a consulting, technology, or major retail organization in an analytical or quantitatively advanced role
- Experience growing and leading a team of analysts
- Professional experience developing advanced forecasting and statistical models
- Experience with R, SQL, Python, Stata or MATLAB.
- Experience and proven success scoping and executing on major cross functional business initiatives with in a fast-paced organization
- Direct experience working with and presenting to senior and C-level executives
- Strong written and verbal communication