Senior Analytics Associate
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
We are looking for a mission-driven Senior Analytics Associate to join our growing Data Science & Analytics team. With a new analytics platform in AWS, we have access to a greater volume and variety of data than ever before, and the potential to deliver step-change improvements across many core business functions, including member engagement, fleet operations, and revenue management. We are looking for a leader who can define the analytics strategy within a given zone – working with stakeholders to identify their most critical business objectives, brainstorming solutions enabled by analytics, scoping well-defined analytics projects, and generating effective deliverables – be they presentations, spreadsheets, dashboards, notebooks, or tools. A successful candidate will not shy away from raw, unstructured or semi-structured data, and will find joy in selecting the right tool for the job at hand – even if it requires learning a new library, method, or database technology. This role reports to the Director of Data Science & Analytics, and work closely with senior leadership of the functional zone they support.
- Become an expert on all data relevant to the functional zone you support: how is it generated and captured; what are the caveats and exceptions; how should it be cleaned and modeled in our analytic data warehouse?
- Design and build KPI metrics and dashboards, working with leadership to define meaningful metrics that are most indicative of performance
- Design and build tools for root cause analysis and alerting, enabling stakeholders to quickly diagnose and resolve issues
- Deliver continuous improvement to key processes across the company. Monitor adherence to recommendations, and quantify impact.
- Evangelize data driven decision-making across the company. Attend key strategy and design meetings, holding leaders accountable for testing, measurement and iteration.
- Advance data democracy and accessibility for data consumers across the company, providing standard tooling for data access, constructing a single source of truth, and delivering training in SQL and other analytics capabilities
- Advise product engineering on best practices for data capture to support meaningful analytics downstream
- Minimum two years of relevant analytics experience, ideally at a company in a related field (consumer tech, transportation or logistics)
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and recommendations
- Ability to prioritize work independently, ensuring accuracy while meeting rigid deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; advanced degree a plus
- Excellent technical skills: expert SQL, significant experience with a modern programming language (eg Python), experience with a statistical processing language (R, matlab), and experience with a data visualization / BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods
- Experience working with standard AWS services (EC2, EMR, S3, Kinesis, etc)
- Software development experience a plus
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs to accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes