At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The GRS Advanced Analytics Hub is looking for an experienced analyst that can drive the development and implementation of predictive analytics solutions across various business segments/products. In this role you will work with data scientists, IT, underwriters, and actuaries to build and implement solutions that promote efficiency and profitability. The solutions that this team provides targets medium to large commercial and specialty risks.
About GRS Predictive Analytics:
- What we do: Extract knowledge or insights from data and deliver it in a manner which supports the underwriting decision process
- How do we do it: Leverage data science, actuarial techniques and business expertise to develop predictive models
- Why do we do it: Arm our underwriters with best in-class tools to gain competitive advantage
This position requires candidates with experience in data preparation and analysis, statistical methods and tools, and extensive knowledge of insurance products. Strong technical skills and project management are required.
- Utilizes advanced analytics techniques to solve business problems. May regularly utilize, update and adapt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across GRS to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically-based solutions and tools to drive business results
- Develop & deliver presentations to communicate technical ideas and analytical finding to non-technical partners and stakeholders, including underwriters and IT technicians
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level
The internal level and compensation for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 3-5 years of related experience required, including some exposure to modeling or advanced analytics
- Prior knowledge of property/casualty insurance industry desired
- Understanding of techniques in statistics and predictive analytics.
- Strong analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in statistical software packages (SAS, R), SQL, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.