Senior Analyst, Promotions Platform Optimization
The Promotions team develop innovative promotional experience to engage our customers (e.g., the deals in our emails & site) and the Promotions Platform Optimization team automate and scale the experience with our technology platform. As a strong Sr. Analyst, you play an important role at the intersection of Promo business strategy, marketing and technology. You will oversee the automation projects to achieve milestones in a timely manner and measure the business impact. You will work with a cross-functional team of Wayfairians from Product, Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Data Science, Business Intelligent.
Successful candidates for this role understand effectively enact change in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, excel at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving, possess strong senior presence and communication skills, and have a strong inclination for the cross-functional collaboration.
If youre entrepreneurial, analytical and interested in being a part of a fast-growing eCommerce leader, then we are looking for you to join our Promotions Platform Optimization Team at Wayfair!
- Translate our business vision/strategy into tests and validate our automation strategy with the test learning, work with cross functional partners to implement it, and report out the results and the implications
- Build strong relationships with our cross-functional partners (Product, Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing, Data Science, Business Intelligent), to ensure consistent prioritization across the roadmaps and accomplish the projects in a timely manner
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our platform in ways that matter most to our customers and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Monitor performance of the platforms and measure impact of the automated enhancements
- Work with multiple marketing channels to evolve our automation efforts along with their roadmap
- Bachelor Degree
- 1-3 years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to hit the ground running a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter attitude
- Innovative problem-solving skills dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Demonstrated senior presence, a track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects to meet deadlines, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL, Vertica
About WFP Platform Optimization
The Platform Optimization team manages centralized promotions functions in order to quickly apply learnings across the business that will improve the efficiency of our promotional content. We also act as a connective tissue to key partners (i.e. product, promotions, email marketing).
We achieve this by focusing on two specific work streams: 1) Automation 2) Portfolio Planning & Management
-Automation: Simplify the processes associated with managing an event portfolio so buyers can reprioritize their time to work with cross-functional partners on strategic category initiatives, test innovative promotional experiences, and increase the productivity of their promotional business.
- Portfolio Management: Encompasses ownership of the curated calendar planning process, support for SOLR portfolio oversight, and thought partnership on how to optimize our team reporting