A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
Devoted Health is rapidly expanding the Medicare product portfolio and is looking for an energetic and curious analyst to bring data forward to drive Product strategy forward. As the Senior Analyst, Medicare Product Performance, you will have the opportunity to drive Devoted product performance analysis for existing markets, partnering closely with the Product and Actuarial teams to develop data-driven product strategies for the coming year. Additionally, you will become a marketplace expert, diving deep into competitor performance in current and potential new markets to turn competitive insights into strategies for growth.
You will be charged with conducting quantitative analysis to understand product performance, such as sales segments, benefit utilization, and financial performance to generate actionable insights about how we can improve sales, retention and financial performance in the coming year. The implementation of these insights is largely carried out by Devoteds Market Presidents and Product Management team, and as such, a critical component is ensuring that the teams are armed with data driven insights and product strategies that will help us stand apart from the competition in each market.
This is a Medicare Product role, the product being the insurance plan that consumers are buying, and not an IT product role. That being said, technical acumen (most notably SQL) is critical to success. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward through insightful analysis.
The ideal candidate is a business strategist who is comfortable with using data to inform and drive the decisions around Market Entry and Competitiveness, rather than strictly a technical data science role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct moderate to high complexity analysis and provide key insights and recommendations that shape immediate and long-term product strategy
- Analyze vast amounts of proprietary data (sales, enrollment, claims) and query data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and builds tools to help monitor execution to our key strategies
- Assist in evaluating and implementing product changes by providing data analysis on sales, marketing and financial performance, as well as utilization, for current products (new, routine, and ad hoc reports and analyses)
- Produce professional, accurate, common-sense business intelligence dashboards that will empower the Product team and business leaders to manage our business
- Collect, analyze, and present in-depth information on local and national Medicare Advantage competition, developing a deep understanding of market trends and how Devoted can best position itself to be competitive in new and existing markets
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data on new markets across the country (competitor, provider, consumer, regulatory)
- Ensure data integrity for Product implementation and analysis among various internal groups
- Work closely with Claims and Engineering on the review and validation of benefit category accuracy at the HCPCS/CPT code level to ensure benefits are configured appropriately and adjudicate in alignment with plan bids
- Continuously promote data-driven decision making and actively contribute to ongoing product performance optimization
Attributes to success
- Curious and quantitatively oriented individual with a passion for diving into new problems and topics to uncover the whys behind results
- Data junkie who loves looking at the numbers and using them to inform big picture decisions
- Compassionate and mission-driven with a deep desire to make U.S. healthcare better
- Thrives with a high degree of autonomy and exhibits sound business judgement
Desired skills and experience
- Intermediate to advanced SQL experience in a business environment required
- Knowledge of health insurance, product management, insurance operations and/or financial/actuarial concepts as demonstrated by at least 2-4 years of relevant and progressively more challenging work experience
- Medicare insurance experience in some capacity highly valued but not required
- Experience querying and analyzing medical claims data required
- General knowledge around medical billing and coding practices, including familiarity with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code sets, preferred
- Track record of success driving decision making in an ambiguous and fast moving environment
- Bachelor degree required
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.