Senior Analyst, Hotels
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate analyst to own the data-driven growth of Hotel Solutions, a series of paid offerings for Hotels that help them make their businesses more successful. Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability and believe that data analysis is the best way to build a successful feature or business. You also believe that an Analysts job is to guide the product and marketing growth roadmap - not just running the numbers or supplying reports to teams.
As a Sr.Analyst, youll be completely embedded in the Hotel Solutions and Product Analytics team, well count on you to identify, design, and implement statistical analyses and best practices related to data design, and contribute directly to the prioritization of the product and marketing efforts for Hotel Solutions.
The role is for someone who has worked closely with growth, product or marketing teams in the past, and interested in using big data to drive impactful business decisions
What You'll Do:
- Youll live in the data. Youre primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue through routine analysis of performance metrics.
- Together with product managers and marketers, define goals for specific revenue growth projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
- Youll fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the Dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
- Youll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Together with Leadership, create growth models that forecast revenue growth, identifying areas where improvement is needed.
- Youll establish ETLs and other daily processing jobs to power analytical products
What We Seek:
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Amazon Redshift PostgreSQL highly desirable.
- Fluency in additional data manipulation languages is a plus (Python, R etc.)
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools)
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently.
- 3-5 years experience as a Business Analyst for an online consumer transactional business, with a background in supporting a growth product or marketing organization.
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding and fast pace environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.