Senior Analyst, Ecommerce
Are you passionate about using data to build best-in-class digital customer experiences? Does your curiosity compel you to understand why and how things work? Do you find great happiness in uncovering groundbreaking new insights? If yes, this may be the role for you.
The Chewy Ecommerce Analytics team is looking for an experienced SeniorAnalyst, Ecommerce to support our product teams with analysis and insights to inform the customer experience roadmap. In this role, you will work closely with the Product, UX, Marketing, Merchandising and Business Intelligence teams to develop a keen understanding of customer onsite/in-app behavior, build dashboards and reports, provide ad-hoc analyses and run experiments aimed at improving the customer experience and conversion rate.
The ideal candidate is a self-professed data geek who cares deeply about the customer experience and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable blazing your own path and operating in a highly ambiguous environment.
What You'll Do:
- Closely examine customer traffic, browsing and purchase behaviors; developing a deep understanding of the customer experience and provide actionable recommendations.
- Use available tools (Google Analytics, BigQuery, SQL, Tableau, etc.) and data to construct, maintain, distribute and enhance dashboards and reporting.
- Ensure analytics implementation provides crystal-clear visibility into the impact and value of new features and functionality.
- Provide ad hoc analyses to gain additional insights into customer behavior and assist in prioritization.
- Recommend and help run and analyze A/B tests on new features/content.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience in ecommerce/digital analytics at an online retailer or digital agency or equivalent experience.
- Deep experience implementing and working with clickstream analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.).
- Proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, synthesize results, report and present strategies and make recommendations to business and technical audiences.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Understanding of web analytics code; experience working with developers to define requirements, implement code and validate data.
- Strong proficiency with Excel (data manipulation, advanced formulas, modeling).
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries and knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with Tableau (or similar data visualization tools), A/B testing, SEO/SEM, digital marketing a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative, marketing or technical field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel.