Office Tour Photos
The Sales & Operations Planning team at PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, is looking for a motivated individual with strong leadership, forecasting skills, and communication skills to join as a Senior Operations Planning Analyst.
In this position, the successful candidate is responsible for development of weekly, daily, and intra-daily customer contact forecast for PillPack. This position partners with several functional groups across PillPack, such as Customer Care, Critical Response Team, Digital Communications. This team member will be accountable for defining and forecasting key demand inputs to each workstream, ensuring labor capacity against that demand, and incorporate lessons learned into future plans.
This position requires a delicate balance in delivering models that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationallyi.e., Customer Service Operations must be able to understand what variables impact forecast variance and how it should respond tactically. Accurate demand forecasts drive improvements in cost and quality of our customer service.
This is a high visibility role with heavy interaction across senior Customer Service management. Analytical ingenuity and leadership, coupled with demonstrated cross-functional partnership, are critical skills for this role. Finally, this position drives continuous improvement by simplifying and automating planning processes by working with analytics partners.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Build, maintain and improve PillPack Customer Service contact forecasting models/ frameworks that involve learning from historical data, such as contact volume, customer acquisition, promotions, product attributes, customer attributes, and transportation and logistics metrics. These forecasts are used in workforce planning and scheduling for our Customer Service Centers
- Partner with various business groups to gain knowledge of their business requirements and operational processes. Apply the acquired knowledge and business judgment to build predictive models and other analytical tools.
- Lead weekly Sales & Operations Planning process for Customer Service to meet service targets
What will I need to succeed?
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Logistics, or other Supply Chain related field.
- 5+ years of quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience with demonstrated impact to a business and the desire to create and build new processes.
- 2+ years of experience within a planning role such as forecasting, demand planning, predictive modeling, optimization, or logistics gained through work experience.
- Experience with modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time series models.
- Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Travel required: Up to 25% travel required.
- 4+ years of experience within a planning role such as forecasting, demand planning, predictive modeling, capacity management, optimization, or logistics gained through work experience and/or graduate level education.
- Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/ toolboxes (R, Matlab, or Python);
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
Amazon-PillPack is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation