Senior Analyst of Business Analytics
We are looking for a highly motivated senior business intelligence analyst to drive insight for key business stakeholders, across our internal functional areas. This role will be accountable for providing accurate, timely and high-impact analysis from the boardroom to the individual cubicle. Working in tandem with our operations teams, this analyst will provide analytic, data, and reporting support to help enhance business decision making and increase operational efficiency.
The ideal rockstar candidate will be an inquisitive learner with a passion for data and analytics who can collaborate with stakeholders across functional areas to review and optimize reporting, analytics, and data structure/data capture all while aligning to corporate objectives. This role requires a mixture of business acumen and technical expertise, along with an ability to build strong partnerships with business partners and you will take a leadership role in coaching and enabling your peers . You will focus the majority of your time on analyzing our leading indicators with a focus on our sales and finance operating groups. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for collaborating with others to solve problems.
- Drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the company, reinforcing process, increasing visibility, enhancing accountability, and acting as a key point of communication between stakeholder teams
- Act as a key contributor in providing analytical support, data, recommendations and analysis to our business stakeholders, with a core focus on sales analysis, customer purchasing behavior and customer health
- Provide data, analysis & recommendations for corporate weekly, quarter-end and year-end milestones such as weekly Sales Forecast, quarterly business reviews, Rapid7s 10-K, 10-Q and quarterly Investor Call.
- Strong focus on simplifying processes, identifying stakeholder teams core KPIs and performing diagnostic analysis
- Support the analytic needs of the business using data from various source systems & databases (e.g. CRM, HRIS, marketing automation, Web Analytics, Telephony, AWS, etc).
- Provide clear visualizations and present analyses to management and executive-level stakeholders, using Business Intelligence tools and predictive analytics to drive key decisions
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data;
- Provide recommendations to Business Intelligence leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in business intelligence & systems landscape at Rapid7
- Takes a senior role on the team providing leadership and support to other team members
- Accountable to BI team goals, promoting tool adoption and enablement of end-users
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or related discipline required, MBA preferred
- At least 4 years work experience in a job that required regular business analytics; high tech, software, or mgmt. consulting company preferred
- Prior experience creating reporting and analytics within BI Tools such as Tableau, Domo, Qlik, Spotfire, Einstein/WaveAnalytics or related BI Tool
- Strong proficiency with SQL or Excel and Microsoft Office Suite; experience R, Python, and/or SAS a plus
- Strong experience with and understanding of Netsuite, Salesforce.com, or similar CRM/ERP systems required, experience with Salesforce Einstein/Wave Analytics a plus
- Strong business acumen, possessing the ability to understand cross-functional trends, and how those trends impact corporate KPIs; prior experience in an operational role a plus
- Must be a fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a passion for data, data quality & business analytics
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, utilizing data to tell a story
- A strong work-ethic and customer service orientation is required
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.