Senior Analyst, Brand and PR
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate Senior Analyst to own data-driven insights and reporting for its Brand Marketing and Public Relations Teams. Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability and believe that data analysis is the best way to build a successful brand and business. You also believe that an analysts job is to guide the brand marketing and communications roadmap - not just run the numbers or supply reports to teams.
As a Senior Analyst, well count on you to identify, design, and implement statistical analyses and best practices related to data design, and contribute directly to the prioritization of the marketing and communications efforts for TripAdvisor. This role is for someone who has worked closely with marketing or insights teams in the past and is interested in using data to drive impactful brand and communications decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Build automated processes, systems, methods and tools to support answering travel trend, traveler behavior and travel content related questions at scale with TripAdvisors data.
- Develop analysis related to global travel and pricing trends to be used as part of global press releases, public relations campaigns and thought leadership development.
- Create end-to-end analytical processes in Hive/R/Tableau/SQL that support a web interface to rank top hotels, restaurants, attractions and travel destinations across the globe by a variety of measures and dimensions.
- Develop new data sources or ETL processes, improving efficiencies through automation, championing new tools, or delivering insightful ad hoc analysis that support to our brand and business as it evolves.
- Together with Brand and PR Managers, define metrics that matter for on-site campaigns, distill these into easy-to-understand KPIs, and create both custom reports and automated dashboards to help the team understand and optimize performance.
- Support overall brand measurement through analysis and reporting of brand health tracking survey tools.
What We Seek:
- 3-5 years experience as a senior analyst or analyst for an online consumer transactional business.
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Amazon Redshift PostgreSQL highly desirable.
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Fluency in additional data manipulation languages is a plus (Python, R etc.).
- Able to take in loose requirements, work independently, ask the right questions, and produce high-quality, actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, including the ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- Adaptive to change and confident in learning new tools and technologies TripAdvisor is a fast paced environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline; Masters degree a plus.