Office Tour Photos
Smartbear helps the worlds most recognized companies develop the worlds best applications. Smartbear has played a role in the ride you order, the banking app you use, the items posted for auctions, or the flight you just purchased. Smartbears award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a businesss ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
- Are you an Agile thought leader who strives to enable teams to reach the next Agile maturity level? Do you have experience evangelizing and championing Agile practices? Do you enjoy helping teams remove impediments and get to their highest potential? If the answer is yes, then look no further. Smartbear is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Agile Coach to join our growing product organization. As an Agile coach, and our first in Smartbear, you will be responsible for leading teams in their journey to adopt Agile practices. Our teams will look to you as a partner and a thought leader as they improve on Agile delivery methodologies as a means to innovate and rapidly deliver customer value.
- The Senior Agile Coach will work collaboratively with a strong team of engineers, designers, product managers and senior executives. They will deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi-functional teams and lightweight development concepts. We are looking for someone who is capable of team coaching, individual coaching, mentoring and facilitating.
In this role, you will
- Assess the current organization and delivery environment and recommend optimal Agile practices tailored to the teams and nature of product worked on
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Agile development methods and processes, especially methods that help highly distributed development teams
- Provide coaching and training at the program and team levels in an emerging Agile environment of highly distributed teams
- Perform in various agile roles, including Scrum Master, where needed. i.e. plan, coordinate and facilitate scrum ceremonies, retrospectives, long-range planning, user stories, backlog grooming
- Capture metrics and be accountable for the continuously assess and enhancement of teams performance and agile maturity level
- Coach senior leaders in Agile & Lean practices to enable them to be effective Agile Champions
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of agile practices and methodologies that becomes a go to reference to all teams
- Drive the required cultural change needed to adopt new ways of working
Qualifications for this role
- 7+ years experience working in a software organization with SaaS products as an agile coach
- 4+ years experience with agile frameworks and methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, Lean, XP and scaling frameworks e.g. Scrum at Scale, SAFe
- 2+ years experience of demonstrated success in transforming software engineering teams from waterfall to agile
- Experienced with work management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Aha! And familiar with DevOps, QA and development platforms e.g. Git, Jenkins, Smartbear suiteetc
- Experience in developing and delivering training at multiple levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills and you can explain anything to anyone
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner)
- Experience in software development and test or as a product owner is a plus
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the worlds most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
More Jobs From