CVS Health is looking for a strong individual contributor to join the Enterprise Patient Safety Organization (EPSO). The EPSO Senior Advisor will be part of a team responsible for optimizing patient safety and promoting quality care across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving, analytical, oral, and written communication skills, as well experience managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated, combining exceptional analytic thinking, superior executive communication and presentation skills, bias to action and creative problem solving.
- In collaboration with each CVS Health business unit, builds specific business area patient/member safety programs to support the best outcomes. Works to harmonize these patient safety strategies across the organization
- Organization and support of internal and external meetings ensuring clear, complete, thorough, and consistent documentation of issues, actions, owners, status, and deliverables
- In collaboration with Enterprise Analytics, responsible for design of custom healthcare safety and quality analyses using pharmacy, clinic, and lab data, employing appropriate research designs and statistical methods
- Design and conduct analyses to proactively identify risks and plan and develop targeted patient safety strategies
- Use superior analytical skills and logic to prepare material and presentations in a way that adds value, is easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise and improves the safety and quality understanding of the businesses
Three to five years of healthcare industry experience in the following:
- Critical thinker, the ability to review complex clinical programs to produce a comprehensive, concise evaluation of potential patient safety risks to a senior leadership team
- Strong analytical acumen, the ability to evaluate complex data sets and produce high-level, logically consistent, insights and learning
- Skilled communicator and collaborator, must be able to build relationships and effectively persuade and influence across multiples levels of leadership using facts and well-reasoned positions
- Demonstrated capability to deliver work and provide positive contributions in fast-paced, multi-project, harmonious environment ability to maintain flexibility and tolerate ambiguity while still operating effectively
- Willingness to take on new tasks with an ability to drive results with limited daily oversight
- Detail oriented with strong writing skills including Power Point slide creation, email communication and document preparation
- Fluency with standard Microsoft Office Suites products with hands on experience/knowledge of a wide variety of analytic processes and techniques
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% for Pharmacy Visits and/or meetings periodically
- Experience leading /contributing to projects that have advanced technical resources (analysts, application developers, data scientists) and business SMEs
- Ability to serve as the departments business expert in the design of new Enterprise Patient Safety Organization applications or enhancements including planning, development, testing and implementation
- Experience in the development of audit programs tailored to specific assignments, including internal and external benchmarks for performance improvement evaluation
- Fluency with pharmacy and healthcare processes, workflows and data needed for the development of meaningful safety insights; capacity to become a key resource on specific safety topics
- High energy, organized, persistent and creative individual with strong communication, interpersonal and systems thinking skills
- Practice as a licensed clinician preferred
- Bachelors required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.