iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture, backed by 110 patents and over 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4000 organizations worldwide.The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
iboss is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Senior Accountant to help strengthen our organization and accounting team. This role will report to the Assistant Controller, with significant exposure and visibility to the COO/CFO. We are looking for a top performer who wants to join a dynamic growth company.
- Perform critical accounting functions of a growth SaaS business, including preparation of journal entries, review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and monthly accruals, and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Prepare financial statements and analyze monthly variances, in conjunction with FP&A
- Own the cash entry and reconciliation process, while utilizing and leading the A/R Specialist
- Assist with the annual Big 4 audit and prepare information for various tax filings
- Research accounting standards and regulations, prepare memos, and implement changes as necessary to maintain compliance with US GAAP and other regulations
- Assist with accounting process improvement initiatives
- Own communication with external service providers, including tax and audit professionals
- Maintain sales and use tax reconciliation and review related tax returns
- Maintain and strengthen internal control and safeguards for inventory, fixed assets, and other accounting areas
- Document processes and policies for various accounting functions, and recommend improvements
- Perform various ad hoc accounting and business operations projects, while cross-functionally partnering with FP&A, Sales Operations, and Human Resources
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field; CPA or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience; 1-2 years of public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Established and detail-orientated self-starter with experience working in a hands-on environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions, and navigate through complex structure, systems, and processes
- Experience identifying areas for improvement and implementation of more effective and efficient processes and controls
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, inventory, and SaaS revenue accounting
- Experience with ERP and cloud-based accounting systems
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with SaaS/subscription business models preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required, Tableau experience a plus
- Health, vision and dental insurance - open to domestic partners
- 401K with Company match
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Supportive and fun work environment
- Great quarterly Company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas.