Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
This exciting Senior Accountant role will support a wide range of accounting functions including the monthly close, SEC and financial reporting, SOX, the external audit, revenue recognition and process improvements! The individual must demonstrate analytical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting principles. Communication and cohesion are vital in this position.
What you'll do:
- Supporting key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on general ledger and financial results
- Assisting in the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis, and reconciliations
- Maintain and update technical accounting positions memos and document new positions memos
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Assisting with monitoring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Assisting with the successful completion of the year-end audit and quarterly reviews
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing improved accounting and reporting processes.
- Capturing best practices and lessons learned following each quarterly close cycle to feed continuous improvements in process, tools, communication and training
- Ad hoc projects to be determined as they arise
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years accounting experience, CPA required
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Zuora, and/or SalesForce software experience a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From