Office Tour Photos
As Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for general accounting functions related to the general ledger and period closes. Additionally, you will assist the team in preparing for quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors, and you will be responsible for ensuring that specific key controls are followed for SOX compliance. This fast-paced position requires strong organizational and communication skills, as well as a strong sense of urgency.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Effectively and accurately reconcile account balances and be able to explain key changes and identify necessary adjustments
- Conduct thorough review of account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and related support prior to posting
- Prepare trending analysis and other analytics for financial reporting monitoring and accounting analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist in preparing relevant documentation for the year-end audit and interim reviews
- Participate with compiling information for Sarbanes Oxley testing and compliance
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (i.e. FP&A, Legal, Reporting) to prepare for period end close
- Support team with various reporting or project-based requests as needed
- Ensure the integrity of vendor banking information as part of new vendor set up
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Coordinate and execute month-end close activities based on the close schedule.
- Collaborate with the budgeting and forecasting teams to assist in monthly budget to actual analysis when necessary.
- Continually look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase effectiveness of financial operations.
- Work directly with staff accountants and AP specialists and provide supervision and coaching as necessary.
- Assist in the design and documentation of SOX processes and procedures in the monitoring of internal control over financial reporting.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of related experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance, CPA is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of current accounting standards
- Eagerness to learn and proactive in taking on new opportunities and challenges.
- Experience using Excel for analyzing data, including knowledge of pivots and common function
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and with the team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and detail – oriented.
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From