Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Brightcoves finance department is a growing function within the organization and we are looking to hire someone who wants to grow their career as we scale this business. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for driving the month-end process, SOX controls and documentation, reconciliation review, commissions process and SEC financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in the continuous improvement of a scalable accounting function. This is a growing department within the organization and we are looking to hire someone who wants to grow their career as we scale this business.
- Be responsible for assisting with the month-end close process including balance sheet reconciliation reviews, operational trend analysis and financial statement preparation.
- Point person for managing interim review and annual audit requests from independent auditors and our internal audit function.
- Own the commissions process including the calculation of commissions and providing forecasts to FP&A team and collaborating with our Sales Operations team on plan configuration.
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings and other external reporting needs.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes.
- CPA required, preference for 3+ years in a public accounting firm, open to other 3+ year experience in tech/saas environments.
- Preference for experience working on audits of clients with international subsidiaries.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to change while maintaining high productivity and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a productive and professional manner.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. The office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!